Discovering and Assigning Roles in Cross Provisioning Platform for iPASOLINK Devices
Before discovering and assigning iPASOLINK devices, you must have already run device discovery in Junos Space Platform. For more information on device discovery in Junos Space Platform, see Discovering Devices in the Junos Space Network Application Platform User Guide.
Pre-staging all iPASOLINK devices is a powerful yet simple way to prepare your devices for provisioning. Pre-staging has two parts:
Discovering Device Roles
To discover the roles of devices:
- In the Cross Provisioning Platform task pane,
select Prestage Devices > Manage Device Roles > Discover Roles.
The Role Discovery Status window shows the discovery of unassigned devices found in the database.
- To view the devices for which the CPP software recommends
the L2E role, click the L2E bar.
The Assign Roles window appears.
By default, iPASOLINK devices are discovered as Layer 2 Ethernet (L2E) devices.
Assigning Device Roles
During the prestaging process, iPASOLINK devices are assigned a role of Layer 2 Ethernet (L2E) device. When you create Pseudowire and Layer 3 VPN services across Juniper Networks devices, you can attach multiple iPASOLINK devices as these services support multiple L2E endpoints.
To assign device roles for iPASOLINK devices:
- In the Cross Provisioning Platform task pane, select Prestage Devices > Manage Device Roles > Assign Roles.
- In the Assign Roles page, click an iPASOLINK device.
- Open the Actions menu and select Assign
iPASOLINK devices are assigned a role of Layer 2 Ethernet (L2E) device.
- In the confirmation window, click Assign.
- To view the assignment status, in the Job Management window, click the job ID of the assignment job.
The Job Management page shows the progress and status of the role assignment job. See Viewing Jobs in the Junos Space Network Application Platform User Guide for details.