Exporting a Template Definition
You export a template definition when you want to transfer this template definition to another Junos Space fabric. A template definition retains its state when it is exported.
To export a template definition:
- On the Junos Space Network Management Platform user interface,
select Device Templates > Definitions.
The Definitions page is displayed.
- Select the template definition you want to export and
select Export Template Definition from the Actions menu.
The Export Template Definition pop-up window is displayed.
- Click Download file for selected template definitions
The Opening xxx.tgz dialog box appears. (XXX is a placeholder for the name of the template definition.)
- Select Save File and click OK.
You may have to toggle between the option buttons to activate the OK button.
The Enter name of file to save to ... dialog appears.
- Rename the file if desired and save it to the appropriate
The Export Template Definition dialog reappears.
- Click Close.
Although the exported definition file is an .XML file, it is saved as a .tgz file, which is the format the system uses to import XML files.