Approving and Updating Changes Submitted
To approve the change requests and update the policy changes:
- Select Configure > Change Management > Change Requests.
The Changes Submitted page appears.
- Select the change request and click Approve.
- The submitted change request is displayed in the approvers workspace.
- The approver reviews the change request and checks for any dependencies. Dependencies can be viewed by clicking the View link.
- If there are no dependencies, the approver enters the comments in the Approve Request window and then clicks Yes. A pop-up message shows the status as approval successful.
- The change request workspace of the firewall administrator shows all the change requests that were approved or rejected.
- The administrator then selects an approved change request and schedules it to publish and update.
- The administrator selects Update to update
immediately or schedule to update later. If the selected change request
has dependencies, then the user is notified that update of dependency
change requests will also be scheduled (if they have not been already)
or advanced (if they have been scheduled for a later time) to the
same time as that of the selected change request. The list of dependency
change requests that are also updated will be displayed. A new snapshot
of the policy is created. This snapshot is used as the source for
publish and update. This new snapshot is essentially the previously
updated snapshot of the policy along with the changes from the selected
change request. This snapshot is visible in the Manage Snapshots list.
Updating a change request is same as publishing and updating together. If either of publish or update jobs fail, the change request is moved to the Update Failed state. You can reupdate the failed change requests.
- The administrator views and verifies the job status.
You must approve all the parent change requests before approving a child change request, if there is a dependency.
You must deny all child change requests before denying a parent change request, if there is a dependency.