Creating a Configuration View
You create a configuration view from the Configlets workspace.
To create a configuration view:
- On the Junos Space Network Management Platform user interface,
select CLI Configlets > Configuration View.
The Configuration View page is displayed.
- Click the Create Configuration View icon from the Actions
The Create Configuration View page is displayed. Table 1 lists the columns displayed on this page.
Table 1: Columns on the Configuration Views Page
Name of the configuration view
Domain to which the configuration view is associated
Title of the configuration view
Family of the device
Description of the configuration view
Order in which the view has to be applied and it accepts only values greater than zero
Type of configuration view - Form view, Grid view, XML view, and CLI view
Date and time when the configuration view was created
Last Updated Time
Latest time when the configuration view was last updated
Last Modified By
Login ID of the user who last modified the configuration view
- In the Name field, enter the name for the configuration
The Name cannot exceed 255 characters. Allowable characters include the dash (-), underscore (_), letters, and numbers and the period (.). You cannot have two configuration views with the same name.
- From the View Type drop-down list, select the type of configuration view you want to create.
- In the Title filed, enter a title for the configuration
The title cannot exceed 255 characters. Allowable characters include the dash (-), underscore (_), letters, and numbers and the period (.).
- From the Device Family Series drop-down list, select the appropriate device family for which you want to create a configuration filter.
- From the Context drop-down list, select the appropriate XPath value.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter
The description cannot exceed 2500 characters.
- In the Order field, enter an appropriate value.
- Click the Add Parameter icon to add a parameter.
The Add Form View Parameter pop-up window is displayed. Configure the parameter on this page.
In the Parameter field, enter the name of the parameter.
In the Display Name field, enter a display name for this parameter.
Select the Script Dependant check-box if you want to use a script.
If you select the configuration view to depend on a script, select the appropriate local script from the Local Script drop-down list.
From the Configured Value Xpath drop-down list, select an appropriate XPath value.
In the Order field, enter an appropriate value.
- (Optional) Add multiple parameters.
- Click Create.
The configuration view is created.
To assign a configuration view to a domain, select the configuration view and select Assign Configuration View to Domain from the Actions menu.