Tagging an Object
You can create user-defined tags on an application workspace inventory page to easily categorize and organize managed objects. Subsequently, you can view and use these tags to easily search for multiple objects to view the status or perform a bulk action on them without having to select each object individually.
By default, the tags that you create from any workspace are private tags and these private tags are visible only to you. If you want any other user to use the tag that you created, then you have to create a pubic tag instead of a private tag or convert the private tag to a public tag.
To tag an object:
- Navigate to an application workspace manage inventory page. For example, select Devices > Device Management.
- Select the inventory objects that you want to tag.
- Select Tag It from the Actions menu.
The Apply Tag dialog box appears.
- Select or type the tag name in the field.
If you have existing tags, start to type a tag name in the name field. Existing tags appear in the selection box.
You can also type a new tag name in the field. The new tag is automatically created and applied to the selected objects.
- (Optional) Select the Make Public check box
to mark the new tag created in the previous step as a public tag.
If you do not select this check box, the new tag added is classified
as a private tag.
If you do not have permissions to create a public tag, then the Make Public check box is disabled.
- (Optional) Add a comment in the Add Description here field.
- Click Apply Tag. This action tags the object and stores the tag in the database.