Generating and Uploading the Junos Space License Key File
From Junos Space Network Management Platform Release 13.1R1 onward, the licensing model of Junos Space does not require license keys for Junos Space applications. Nevertheless, a license file is still needed for the Junos Space Platform functionality because the default Junos Space Platform license file is valid only for 60 days after which the Junos Space Platform functionality is not available.
When you purchase a commercial version of Junos Space Platform, Juniper Networks provides you with a license file that does not have any expiry date. After you import this license into Junos Space Platform, you have access to the full Junos Space Platform functionality for an unlimited period.
Since Junos Space applications do not use license keys, the Licenses page (Administration > Licenses) does not display licensing information for any Junos Space applications that you might have purchased and installed. However, if you use Junos Space Platform with only Service Now and Service Insight installed, licensing information for those applications is displayed on the Licenses page. To find out the licensing information about Junos Space applications that you purchased, contact the Juniper Technical Assistance Center.
The Junos Space Platform software provides a default, 60-day trial license. After 60 days, the use of the Junos Space Platform software expires except for the Import License action. The administrator must activate the software with the Juniper Networks license key to regain use of the Junos Space Platform. Two weeks before the license expiration date, a license expiration warning appears when users log in to Junos Space Platform.
Junos Space Platform license management involves a two-step process:
- Generating the license key file. Juniper Networks uses a license management system (LMS) to manage the deployment of the Junos Space Platform product—appliances, connection points, connections, and applications. When you order Junos Space Platform, the Juniper Networks LMS sends you an e-mail with an authorization code and a software serial number and instructions on how to generate a license key.
- Import the license key into Junos Space Platform. The system administrator must import the Junos Space license key file from the Licenses page (Administration > Licenses) to use Junos Space Platform beyond the trial period.
This topic includes the following sections:
Generating the Junos Space License Key File
When you order Junos Space Platform, Juniper Networks sends an e-mail containing an authorization code and a software serial number (the serial number that identifies the software installation) along with instructions on how to generate the license key.
When you order a Junos Space Appliance, Juniper Networks sends an e-mail containing the serial number for the appliance that is licensed for the appropriate stock-keeping unit (SKU).
Uploading the Junos Space License Key File Contents
To upload the Junos Space license key file, perform the following steps:
- Open the Juniper Networks Authorization Codes e-mail you received and follow the directions.
- Open the Junos Space license key text file attached to the e-mail and copy all the contents.
- In the Junos Space Platform UI, select Administration > Licenses.
The Licenses page appears.
- Click the Import License icon.
The Import License page appears.
- Paste the contents of the Junos Space license key text
file in the License data field.
Follow the below example of a license key:Juniper Networks Junos Space License File (v1)For Junos Space PlatformGenerated on 2013-11-18T17:28:53ZThis license file is for the deployment using:Serial Number: 90211111111111This license file enables the following:Junos Space Network Management Platform per core(Qty: 1)This license file reflects the following SKUs:JS-PLATFORM-----SIGNATURE-----PJ6RbY2b92+UzXHwx3jTn7kkojkZxJvbVdHtq5RNDrB1nLuTgKNG42KuAU7RBc3eK40Jb9BZYH1m aI3SN/9CSPl3+FK1h095RXG7GMMfcu3Q7nlBJUcJytTVZGlWkm6n8o8Wj2ymei58pFLf9TMHYY2J OqTqWHJNAKJ2/tlxacGJ1yFtyJGWz4KbSiXAawiHtk9hfi2v0vzA+3ByyZ8PZSIpsIBk5m3Pqtr+ 2/pxkNGXoCsEnhRAoPticSVibzsoMCo/Myzymp3KaqWHwe/PpPkwL28+I1AB6NA/FUxxTlgjp2k1 YJZt9rSsJATDgH3lcU1zqSVuGn2DNNhX5F3xTw==
Paste the license data into the License data field using Ctrl+V or by selecting paste in the browser Edit menu.
- Click Upload.
The license key data is uploaded to the Junos Space Platform database. A message indicating that the Junos Space license is uploaded successfully appears.
- Click OK.
The Junos Space license appears on the Licenses inventory page.