Starting the Cassandra Service on a Junos Space Node
You can add Cassandra nodes to a Junos Space fabric by adding nodes that provide only the Apache Cassandra service (known as dedicated Cassandra nodes) or by enabling the Cassandra service on JBoss nodes already present in the fabric.
You cannot start the Cassandra service on dedicated database nodes or Fault Monitoring and Performance Monitoring (FMPM) nodes.
For information about adding dedicated Cassandra nodes to a fabric, see Adding a Node to an Existing Junos Space Fabric.
To enable and start the Cassandra service on a JBoss node:
- On the Junos Space Platform UI, select Administration
The Fabric page appears.
- Select a JBoss node on which you want to run the Cassandra service.
- Select Actions > Enable Cassandra to enable
the Cassandra service.
A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Yes to enable the Cassandra service on
the JBoss node.
A job is created to enable the Cassandra service on the JBoss node.
- (Optional) Navigate to the Job Management page to view job details.
- After the Cassandra service is enabled, on the Fabric page, select the JBoss node on which you want to run the Cassandra service.
- Click Start Cassandra to start the Cassandra
service on the JBoss node.
A confirmation dialog box prompts you to confirm that you want to start the Cassandra service.
Alternatively, you can use the service cassandra start command on the node CLI to start the Cassandra service.
- Click Yes.
The Status dialog box displays the status of the start the Cassandra service operation.