Upgrading a Junos Space Application
The Upgrade Application action allows you to upgrade an existing Junos Space application independently while the system is still running. Several hot-pluggable Junos Space applications are available for upgrade to the current release. After the application is upgraded successfully, you can launch it from Application Chooser.
If you are upgrading a Junos Space application on a Junos Space Network Management Platform Release 16.1R1 setup, refer to the Release Notes for the specific Junos Space application release that you are upgrading to before you begin the upgrade process, to find out the specific upgrade instructions for the application release.
To upgrade an existing Junos Space application:
- Download the application to which you want to upgrade
from the Juniper Software download site to the local client file system.
Do not modify the filename of the software image that you download from the Juniper Networks support site; if you modify the filename, the upgrade fails.
- Select Administration > Applications. The Applications inventory page appears.
- Select the application that you want to upgrade.
- Select Upgrade Application from the Actions
The Upgrade Application dialog box appears displaying all previously uploaded versions of that application.
- Do one of the following:
If the software file for the application to which you want to upgrade is listed in the Upgrade Application dialog box, select it and click Upgrade.
The application upgrade process begins. Go to the next step.
If the application to which you want to upgrade is not listed in the Upgrade Application dialog box, click Upload. The Software File dialog box appears.
- Click Browse and navigate to where the software file to which you want to upgrade is located on the local file system.
- Click Upload.
The software file is uploaded into Junos Space Network Management Platform. You see the application in the Upgrade Applications dialog box.
- Wait until the job is completed.
The Upgrade Application Job Information dialog box appears.
- Click the Job ID link to see the Upgrade Application
job in the Manage Jobs inventory page. Review the job to:
- Ensure that the job is successful.
- Select Administration > Applications to continue with the upgrade application process.
The Upgrade Application dialog box appears.
- Select the software file to which you want to upgrade, and click Upgrade. The application upgrade process begins.
- Navigate to the Application Chooser and launch the application
When you log into the application after the upgrade, an information dialog box with the following message is displayed: Platform/Application is upgraded, please clear your browser cache and login again.
Click OK to close the information dialog box.
To install a new Junos Space application, use the Administration > Applications > Add Application action, see Adding a Junos Space Application.