Undeploying a Device Template from the Devices
You undeploy a device template from the devices to remove the configuration changes pushed to the devices when the device template was deployed. You can use this workflow to undeploy a Configuration template or Quick template from the devices.
To undeploy a template from the devices:
- On the Junos Space Network Management Platform user interface,
select Device Templates > Templates.
The Templates page is displayed.
- Select the template that you want to undeploy and select Undeploy Template from the Actions menu.
The Undeploy Template page is displayed. This page displays details such as the devices on which the template is currently deployed, the Device Alias custom label of the device, version of the template deployed and assigned to the devices, and IP addresses of the devices.
- Select the devices from which you want to undeploy the template.
- Click Next.
The Review Changes page is displayed. This page displays the devices on the left of the page. The right of the page displays the configuration changes that result from undeploying the template from a selected device.
- Select a device from the left of the page.
- (Optional) To view the summary of the changes when the template is undeployed from the selected device, click the Change Summary tab.
- (Optional) To view the device’s current configuration, click the Deployed tab.
- (Optional) To view the audit status of the deployment of this template to the device, click the Audit Result tab.
- Click Next.
The Confirm Undeployment page is displayed.
- Select whether to undeploy the device template now or
To undeploy the template now, click Finish.
To undeploy the template later:
Select the Schedule at a Later Time option button.
Enter the date in the Date field in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
Enter the time in the Time field in the hh:mm format.
The template is undeployed from the devices. You are redirected to the Templates page.
View job details if a device template is not undeployed from all the devices even after using the Undeploy workflow. The Description column on the Job Details page specifies why the template was not undeployed from all the devices.