Downloading the Signature Database Configuration
The following download options are available for the signature database configuration download:
Delta Download–Downloads only the updates from the previously downloaded version.
Full Download–Downloads the complete signature database; the download might take a longer amount of time.
To download the signature database configuration:
- Select Administration > Signature Database.
- Click Download Configuration .
The Download Configuration page appears.
- Enter the destination URL where you want to download the IPS and AppFw signature database in the Download URL field. For example, https://services.netscreen.com.
- Enable the Proxy Server field to send the download configuration traffic.
- Select Run now to automatically download the signature database immediately.
- Select Schedule at a later time to set the
signature database to automatically download at the specified time
and to take the following actions:
Choose a date by clicking the date picker icon.
Enter the time.
Select the time format from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Recurrence check box to enable the schedule to recur in a given time interval.
- Click OK.
All the downloaded signatures are created in the System domain in read-only mode. The configuration that are downloaded are also saved in the System domain.