Exporting Configuration Files
With Junos Space Network Management Platform, you can export configuration files from the Junos Space server. The Export action enables you to save and compress one or more configuration files into a zip folder on your local computer. You can later view or compare the downloaded configuration files offline.
Your browser security settings must be set to allow downloads. If the browser interrupts the download with a warning and you try to restart the download by refreshing the browser, the export operation is stopped and the zip folder removed.
When you export a configuration file, an audit log entry is automatically generated.
To export a configuration file into a zip folder on your local computer:
- On the Junos Space Network Management Platform UI, select Configuration Files > Config Files Management.
The Config Files Management page appears.
- On the Config Files Management page, select one or more
If any of the columns is not displayed by default, click the down arrow next to any of the displayed column headers and select the columns that you want displayed from the Columns list. The selected columns now appear on the Config Files Management page.
- Select Export Config Files from the Actions
The Export Config File(s) dialog box opens, displaying the name of the file, the device name, and the configuration file versions stored. By default, the latest version is selected.
If the Config File Name column is not displayed by default, click the down arrow next to any of the displayed columns and select the Config File Name column from the Columns list.
- Select the appropriate version from the list that appears
when you click next to the version number displayed in the ConfigFile
The timestamp is displayed adjacent to the version number and indicates the date and time at which this version of the configuration was backed up.
- Click Export on the Export Config File(s) dialog
The Generating ZIP Archive dialog box appears, displaying a progress bar showing when the zip file is ready for downloading. The Opening deviceConfigFiles.zip dialog box opens, prompting you to view or save the file.
- Save the zip file to your computer before closing either of the dialog boxes because the generated zip file is removed from the server immediately after the download is complete or when either of these two dialog boxes is closed. Refreshing or exiting the browser also removes the zip file from the server.
To view the contents of the device configuration file that you
have just exported, extract the zip file and open the extracted file
by using a text editor, such as Notepad. If you have exported the
configuration file of more than one device, the extracted folder contains
one configuration file for each device. The filename of the exported
configuration file adheres to the following syntax: device-name/IP
in YYYYMMDD-hhmmss format-locale.conf.
Device1 is the device name,
3 is the version number of the configuration file
that was exported,
20131104-082846 is the timestamp when the backup was taken in 24-hour format, and
IST represents the time zone.