Creating Rule Name Template
Rule name template provides a mechanism to control the rule name generation based on the rule name template. You can use the rule name templates for all types of rules in Firewall, NAT, and IPS policies.
Rule name template builder should be enabled from global domain only and the setting is applicable for all firewall policies in Security Director irrespective of domains.
To create a rule name template for policies:
- Select Configure > Policies.
The Policies page appears.
- Right-click the policy you want to take a snapshot, or select Rule Name Template Builder from the More list.
- The Rule Name Template Builder page appears.
Select the Enable check box to use the rule name template.
- Select the compliance mode.
Strict Mode—Warns the user with an error message.
Weak Mode—Warns the user with a warning message.
- Click the plus sign (+) to add a new template builder
You can define a template for a new or cloned rule with the following variables:
Date (YYYYMMDD format)
Time (HHmmss format)
Time (HHMM format)
- Click OK to create a new rule name template.