Managing SMTP Servers
You can configure one or several SMTP servers for use by Junos Space applications that need to transmit e-mail. For example, an application might use e-mail automatically to inform a support organization of an issue and might include logs or reports.
To configure and manage SMTP servers:
- Select Administration > SMTP Servers.
The SMTP Servers page appears listing all the configured servers. Only one server can be the active server at one time. The active server is highlighted.
To add or delete an SMTP server:
- Click the plus sign (Add SMTP server icon) at the upper left of the page to add a server.
- Configure and add the server. See Adding an SMTP Server.
- To delete a server, click the – sign (Delete
SMTP server icon) at the upper left of the page.
If you try to delete the active SMTP server, an error message is displayed indicating that you cannot delete the server.
To change the active SMTP server:
- Click the Set Active SMTP server icon at the upper left of the page to select the server you want to make active. Click Yes on the confirmation message that appears to set the selected server as the active SMTP server. If there is only one server and it is the active server, clicking No on the confirmation message has no effect.
The Test connection settings option is used to test the SMTP server connection from Junos Space Network Management Platform. This option uses the user-defined (selected), authentication, and security details when it tests the connection between the SMTP server and Junos Space Network Management Platform. To test the connection to the server:
- Click the Test Connection button at the upper-right
corner of the page.
If the SMTP server supports only the TLS security protocol, the connectivity test succeeds for both the None and TLS security options. This is a known limitation in the connectivity test for testing the connection between the SMTP server and Junos Space Network Management Platform.