Adding an SMTP Server
You can add an SMTP server to the list of configured servers to which applications can direct e-mail. To add an SMTP server, you must have administration privileges.
To add an SMTP server:
- Select Administration > SMTP Servers.
The SMTP Servers page appears displaying the list of SMTP servers already configured.
- Click the plus (+) icon (Add SMTP Server) in
the upper-left corner.
The Create SMTP Server dialog box appears.
- In the Server Name text box, enter a name for
the SMTP server, using alphanumeric values.
The SMTP server name cannot exceed 128 characters. The name can contain only letters and numbers and can include a hyphen (-), underscore (_), or period (.).
- In the Host Address text box, enter the IP
address or the hostname of the SMTP server.
The IP address or the hostname that you enter should be valid and should not contain any special characters.
Depending on whether the Junos Space fabric is configured with only IPv4 addresses or both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, Junos Space Platform allows you to enter an IPv4 address or either an IPv4 or IPv6 address respectively for the SMTP server.
The IPv4 and IPv6 addresses that you use must be valid addresses. Refer to http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space for the list of restricted IPv4 addresses and http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-address-space for the list of restricted IPv6 addresses.
- Enter the port number in the Port Number text
The default port number is 587.
- In the From Email Address text box, enter the
e-mail address of this server in the format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This address appears as the sender of e-mail message from the applications that are using this server.
- Select the Set As Active Server check box to set this server as the primary or active SMTP server. All applications then redirect the e-mail message to this SMTP server.
- (Optional) If you want to use the SMTP Authentication
security protocol to check the credentials of the sender, select Use SMTP Authentication.
When you select this option, the related User Name, Password, Confirm Password, and Security fields are enabled.
Enter the following information related to SMTP authentication:
- In the User Name text box, enter the username that you want to use for authentication.
- Enter the authentication password in the Password and Confirm Password text boxes.
- (Optional) If you want to use Transport Layer Security
(TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for further protection, select TLS or SSL from the Security list.
By default, no security protocol (None) is used.
- Click Save.
The SMTP server that you added is saved and displayed in the STMP Servers page.