Moving a Device to Maintenance Mode
Starting Junos Space Service Now Release 15.1R1, Service Now provides the Maintenance Mode option on the Actions list to move a managed device to the maintenance mode. When a device is placed in the maintenance mode, event Juniper Message Bundles (eJMBs) are not generated on the device.
You cannot perform the following tasks when a managed device is placed in maintenance mode:
Configure BIOS validation
Configure product health checks
Generate on-demand JMBs ( by using AI-Scripts)
Generate on-demand device snapshots
When operating in the End Customer mode, Service Now provides updates to the Service Now partner about the Service Now devices in maintenance mode once a day or whenever a device is moved to or out of the maintenance mode. A Service Now partner can view whether managed devices of Service Now end customers are in maintenance mode or not, but cannot move the devices of Service Now end customers to maintenance mode.
Devices can be moved to maintenance mode only if AI-Scripts Release 5.0 or later is installed on the device.
QFX Series devices in a QFabric cannot be moved to the maintenance mode.
To move a device to maintenance mode:
- From the Service Now navigation tree, select Administration
> Service Now Devices.
The Service Now Devices page appears.
- On the Service Now Devices page, select the device that you want to move to maintenance mode.
- From the Actions l, select Device Operations > Maintenance
Mode. Alternatively, right-click the device and select Device Operations > Maintenance Mode.
The Configure Maintenance Mode dialog box appears as shown in Figure 1.
- On the Configure Maintenance Mode dialog box, do one of
Click Enable Maintenance Mode to move the device to maintenance mode.
Click Disable Maintenance Mode to move the device out of maintenance mode.
- From the Apply to drop-down list, select one
of the following options:
Selected device(s) to move devices selected on the Service Now Devices page to the maintenance mode
All managed devices in the current domain to move all the managed devices in the current domain to maintenance mode.
- (Optional) Select the Schedule Device Maintenance Mode at Specified Time to schedule the time to move devices to the maintenance mode.
- Click Submit to move the device to the maintenance
The progress of the job to move the devices to the maintenance mode is displayed.
- (Optional) Click the job Id link to view the progress of the job.
After the device is moved to maintenance mode, the Service Now Devices page displays ON in the Maintenance Mode column of the device.