Accessing Junos Space Service Now and Junos Space Service Insight Logs
Junos Space Service Now and Junos Space Service Insight logs
are stored in the
/var/log/jboss/servers/server1 folder of a Junos Space Appliance. You can access the logs through
the Junos Space CLI or Junos Space GUI.
The following logs are available in the
DEVICE_LOG: Contains logs of off-box Juniper Message Bundles (JMBs) generated on individual devices managed by Service Now
boot.log: Contains logs of booting sequences of the Junos Space Appliance
hornet.log: Contains HornetQ-related logs
server.log: Contains logs of all activities happening in the Junos Space Appliance, including activities of applications managed by Junos Space
serviceInsight.log: Contains logs of activities performed by Service Insight to receive proactive bug notifications (PBNs) and End-of-Life (EOL) messages from Juniper Support System (JSS) and check the relevance of these PBNs and EOL messages with the devices managed by Junos Space
serviceNow.log: Contains logs of activities performed by the Service Now application to connect to Service Now devices, collect and process event data, and communicate with JSS to submit incidents for creating a case
The maximum size of a
serviceNow.logfile is 50 MB. When a
serviceNow.logfile exceeds 50 MB, the name of the log file is appended with 1 and a new
serviceNow.logfile is created. The
serviceNow1.logfile, if it exists, is renamed the
serviceNow_OSSJ.log: Contains logs of the activities performed by OSS/J to display SOAP requests and responses and send notifications about incidents to users
To access Service Now and Service Insight logs by using the Junos Space CLI:
- Log in to the Junos Space Appliance.
The Junos Space Settings Menu appears.
- At the menu prompt, type 6 if the Junos Space Appliance is a hardware (JA1500 or JA2500 appliance) or type 7 if the Junos Space Appliance is a virtual appliance to access shell.
- Navigate to the
/var/log/jboss/servers/server1folder to access Service Now and Service Insight logs.
To access Service Now and Service Insight logs by using the Junos Space GUI:
- Log in to the Junos Space GUI.
- From the Network Management Platform navigation tree,
navigate to Administration > Space Troubleshooting.
The Space Troubleshooting page appears.
- Read the Troubleshooting Tasks instruction and click the Download button to download the Service Now and Service Insight
The Download Troubleshooting dialog box that appears displays the progress of the downloading task.
- After the download is complete, you are prompted to save or open the logs in Windows Explorer.
- Click Open to open the logs folder or click Save to save the logs.
The downloaded Service Now, Service Insight, and Junos Space Platform logs are packaged as a
.zipfile is named in the troubleshoot_yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss format, where yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss indicates the date and time when the
.zipfile was created.