Modifying an Auto Submit Policy
Junos Space Service Now provides the Modify option in the Actions list of the Auto Submit Policies page to modify auto submit policies. The Modify option lets you modify the following parameters of an auto submit policy:
Devices assigned to the policy
Dampening settings for the events included in the policy
Auto submit filters associated with the policy
Options such as priority, follow up method, dampening status, and delay time to submit the incidents
To modify an auto submit policy:
- From the Service Now navigation tree, select Administration > Auto Submit Policy.
The Auto Submit Policy page appears.
- Select the auto submit policy that you want to modify
and select Modify Auto Submit Policy from either the Actions list or the right-click menu.
The Modify Auto Submit Policy page appears.
- In the Choose devices to Include in Auto Submit Policy section select or clear the check boxes provided on the first column of the devices table to include or exclude the devices from the auto submit policy.
- (Optional) Click the Show Selected Devices link to view devices selected for including in the auto submit policy.
- Click Next.
The Choose events to Include in Auto Submit Policy section appears.
- (Optional) Modify the dampening settings of an incident
by clicking the event on the dampening column and selecting a dampening
value from the drop-down list.
None—Select None to create an incident for each occurrence of the events on the selected devices.
Always—Select Always if you do not want an incident to be created after the first occurrence of the event on the selected devices. Service Now does not create another incident for the event until the first incident is closed or deleted.
Dampening intervals of 1 hr, 2 hr, 3 hr, and so on—Service Now does not create incidents for the specified time duration after the first occurrence of the event. However, if the first incident is closed or deleted within in the specified time duration, Service Now creates another incident for the same event.
- Click Next.
The Choose filters to Include in Auto Submit Policy section appears.
- (Optional) Select or clear the check boxes provided on
the first column of the auto submit filters table to include or exclude
the auto submit filters from the auto submit policy.
If you want to associate a new filter with the auto submit policy, click the Create Basic Filter or Create Advanced Filter links to create a basic or advanced auto submit filter respectively.
- (Optional) Click the ReOrder Filters link to reorder the filters.
- Click Save.
Your changes are saved and the auto submit policy is listed in the Auto Submit Policy page with your modifications.