Generating PBN Reports
Junos Space Service Insight provides Proactive Bug Notifications (PBNs) as a proactive measure to alert about known issues that can impact the devices in the network. You can also schedule a time for generating PBN reports. Service Insight identifies devices for which PBNs received from JSS are applicable and displays those devices on the Service Insight provides the Generate PBN Reports action on the Exposure Analyzer page to generate PBN reports.
A PBN report contains the following information:
Title of the PBN
Duration for which the PBN report is generated
Date and time the PBN report was created
Date and time the PBN report was last regenerated
User who created the PBN report
Number of devices included in the PBN report
Hostnames of devices included in the PBN report
Users to whom Service Insight sends the PBN report
Number of devices impacted by the PBN
Status of mailing the PBN report to users
Starting in Service Insight Release 15.1R1, you can generate and regenerate PBN reports based on PBN issue date. Service Insight provides the Start Date and time and End Date and time options on the Generate PBN Reports and Regenerate PBN Reports pages to define the PBN issue date for which you want to generate a PBN report.
Starting in Service Insight Release 16.1R1, the Generate PBN Report page provide the Organization and Device Group drop-down menus to select the organization and device group for which a PBN report is to be generated.
To generate PBN reports:
- From the Service Insight navigation tree, select Insight
Central > Exposure Analyzer.
The list of devices appears.
- Select one or more devices for which you want to generate the PBN report.
- From the Actions list, select Generate
PBN Reports. Alternatively, right-click and select Generate
The Generate PBN Report dialog box appears as shown in Figure 1.
- (Optional) Select the Do not save this report on Service Insight check box if you do not want to save the PBN report. By default, the check box is clear and PBN reports are stored in the Service Insight database.
- In the Enter PBN Report Name text box, enter
a name for the PBN report.
The name can contain alphanumeric characters (a–z, A–Z, 0–9), space, underscore (_), and hyphen (-).
- For the Create PBN Report for option, select
one of the following:
To generate PBN report for a particular organization or device group,
- Click All devices.
Service Insight displays the Organization and Device Group drop-down list.
- From the Organization or Device Group drop-down list, select the organization or device group for which you want to generate the PBN report.
- Click All devices.
To generate PBN report for devices selected in step 2, click Selected devices shown below.
- For the Send Email To: option, enter the e-mail
address of the user to whom the PBN report must be sent.
To add and delete users who must receive the e-mail, use the Add Email and Delete buttons, respectively. By default, the Send Email To list contains the e-mail address of the logged-in user.
- (Optional) Under the PBN issue date option,
select values for Start Data and time and End Date
and time to generate a report of the devices affected by PBNs
issued during the selected time period.
If you do not specify a Start Date and time and End Date and time, managed devices in your network affected by all the PBNs issued by Juniper Support Systems (JSS) since the inception of JSS are reported.
If you select only the start date and time, the devices in your network affected by all the PBNs issued from the selected Start Date and time till you generate the report are included in the report.
If you select only the End Date and time, the devices in your network affected by all the PBNs issued by JSS since its inception and till the selected end date and time are included in the report.
- (Optional) To schedule a time for generating the report, select the Schedule at a later time check box and set the date and time for Service Insight to generate the PBN report.
- Select Repeat and schedule an interval for
regenerating the PBN report.
The report generated for the first time has the name you provide. All successive reports have the date and time the report is generated appended to the name that you provide.
- Click Submit after selecting the required options.
The Job Information dialog box displays a job ID link for the generated report.
If you have selected the Do not save this report on Service Insight check box, a Download link is provided to download the PBN report as an Excel file; otherwise, the PBN report is stored on Service Insight and can be viewed on the PBN Reports page (Insight Central > PBN Reports) after the job is completed.
- Click the job ID link.
The Jobs page displays the details of the generated PBN report. The report includes the schedule for the generation of successive PBN reports if the Repeat option is configured.
The generated report can be saved or downloaded as an Excel sheet. The saved report can be viewed in PBN reports page.
- If you want to cancel the job scheduled for generating the next PBN report, select Cancel Job either from the Actions list or the right-click menu.