Using the Module.xml Editor
The module.xml editor (described in the Using
the Module.xml Editor topic) is an Eclipse view where you can edit the
module.xml file for a Junos Space application. To use the
- Double click <ProjectName> | EarContent | META-INF |
paradigm | <ProjectName>-module.xml. The Module.xml Editor
view opens with two tabbed pages: Tree View and XML View.
The tree view displays a set of expandable nodes corresponding to the
top-level configurable elements in the XML file.
- Edit the node items in the tree view as required. See Module.xml Editor Procedures below for
- Upload images for the application as required. See Uploading Images below for
Module.xml Editor Procedures
Along with editing the attributes associated with elements (or
nodes) defined in the module.xml file, you can also define
and upload images associated with certain types of elements. In addition,
you can add, remove, or reposition the nodes in the Tree View of the
editor. Procedures for performing these tasks are provided below.
Adding Nodes to the Tree
To add a node to a tree:
- Click the parent node for the new node you want to create.
- Click the Add (plus sign) button. A message box indicating
the node was added is displayed and the new node is added to the tree.
Click OK to dismiss the message.
Editing Node Attributes
To edit node attributes:
- Select the node whose attributes you want to edit. Fields for
editing the attributes of the selected node appear in the Details
- Edit attribute details in the Details pane. Attributes marked
with an asterisk ('*') must have a value.
- Click Save.
- Verify the changes in the XML View page of the editor.
Delete a Node
To delete a node:
- Select the node you want to delete.
- Click Remove. A message box appears indicating the node was
removed. Click OK to dismiss the message.
- Verify the operation in XML View page.
Move a Node
To move a node up or down in the node tree, follow these steps:
- Select the node you want to move.
- Click the Up or Down arrow button to move the node up
or down the tree.
- Verify the operation in the XML View page.
An interface for uploading and viewing icon images is available in the
Apps Details, Workspace Details, and Task Details
panes. See The Image Upload
Fields section for a description of the interface, and Defining Space UI Icons in the Module.xml
Editor for illustrations that show the different types of icon images
you can define in the Module.xml Editor and how they will appear in the
This section provides procedural steps for using the Module.xml Editor
to define icon image files to use in the application.
To upload an image:
- Click Upload to upload the image to a web-specific directory.
When you click Upload, a File chooser dialog opens.
- Select an image file, such as a PNG, GIF, JPEG, or BMP. The selected
image file is copied to a web-specific directory (<Web
- If the image size is valid, then the image is uploaded. After
uploading completes, hovering the mouse over the image preview icon
displays the image.
- If the image size is invalid, a "Validation Information" message
- If you click OK, the image will upload but the "Validation
Error" icon (reverse-color red 'X') is displayed: