Application Development and Publishing
The process of application creation and publication can be divided into these steps:
- Application development:
- Create an application using IDE, specifying the application
- Code application using available reference documentation.
- Build the application using IDE
- Deploy the application to platform simulator using IDE
- Platform simulator sets up the Device simulator and configures
it for communication with devices
- Test the application EAR file created by IDE
- Package the application into an image without certificate.
The packaging includes all the relevant scripts, third party
components, etc., bundled into an RPM file.
- Deploy the non-certified image to the platform simulator
- Test the deployed image
- Application publication:
- Request a certificate for the created application via email.
- The issuing authority generates a certificate for the
application and sends it via email.
- Package the application with certificate. The packaging will
create an application image bundled with the newly acquired
- Test the image with certificate on platform simulator.
- Request publishing authority to publish the application
- Publishing authority notifies developer of the publishing
The following illustration shows the development process,
using the IDE to simplify application development.