Enabling High-Frequency Traffic Statistics Monitoring on Devices
To use Network Director monitoring analytics features such as latency heat maps and congestion monitoring, you must enable high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring on the QFX devices to be monitored. You can also configure the high-frequency traffic statistics sampling rate and event thresholds on devices.
You must specify the IP address of DLE server under Preferences > Monitoring > Data Learning Engine Settings before you can enable high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring as described in this topic.
To enable high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring on devices:
- Log in to Network Director.
- Under Views, select Logical View, Location View, Device View, or Custom Group View.
- Click Deploy in the Network Director banner to open Deploy mode.
- Select the task Configuration Deployment > Enable High Frequency Stats in the Tasks pane.
The Enable High Frequency Stats page opens. It contains a table listing the QFX devices that support high-frequency statistics monitoring.
- To enable or disable high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring on a device, use the check box in the Enable column.
- In the Device / Port column, specify whether you want
to enable high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring on a device
as a whole or on selected ports.
If you select Device, high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring is enabled on all ports on the device with the settings you specify. If you select Port, you can selectively enable/disable high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring on individual ports on the device and specify different settings for each port.
- If you have selected Port in the previous step, click the arrow next to the device name to expose the list of ports and to enable high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring on selected ports.
- To change high-frequency traffic statistics monitoring settings, double-click a current setting in the table to edit it. Table 1 describes these settings.
- To deploy the settings currently configured on the page, click Deploy.
- To reset all settings on the page to the default values and deploy those settings, click Restore all values to default and Deploy.
Table 1: High-Frequency Traffic Statistics Monitoring Settings
Traffic Stats Sampling Interval (seconds)
Sets the interval for traffic statistics sampling, in seconds.
Latency Stats Sampling Interval (milli seconds)
Sets the interval for latency statistics sampling, in milliseconds.
Latency Threshold (nano seconds)
Sets the latency threshold, in nanoseconds. Monitored latency values higher than this threshold are considered congestion events.