Setting Up a VXLAN—EVPN-Based Data Center
Junos Space Network Director enables you to set up a VXLAN—EVPN based data center network by performing a few easy tasks. After you have created a VXLAN—EVPN based data center, you can monitor the performance of your data center, find bottlenecks in your data center, and troubleshoot these issues.
Setting Up a VXLAN—EVPN based data center using Network Director involves the following steps:
- Create a Layer 3 Fabric (s) using Network Director. To
know more about creating Layer 3 Fabrics, see Create a Layer 3 Fabric based Underlay Network.
Layer 3 Fabric configured using CLI and discovered in Network Director is not used to create an overlay fabric.
- Create a Data Center. For more information, see Creating Data Centers Using Network Director.
- Assign the Layer 3 Fabric or Fabrics to the data center. For detailed steps on assigning a fabric to a data center, see Assigning Network Devices to a Data Center section in Creating Data Centers Using Network Director.
- Select the data center and create an overlay fabric from
the Manage Overlay Fabrics page. You can add one or more Layer 3 Fabrics
to an overlay fabric. For detailed steps, see Creating and Managing Overlay Fabrics.
You can skip this step and choose to create an overlay fabric when you create the tenant.
- Create a tenant using the Create Tenant task under Manage Tenants and assign the tenant to an overlay fabric. You can either create an overlay fabric inline while creating a tenant or choose an existing overlay fabric. As part of the create tenant task, you also create one or more overlay networks, and select ports and multi-homed LAG to be part of this overlay network. You can also create new LAGs as part of this task. For detailed steps, see Creating and Managing Tenants.
- Preview and deploy the tenant to the data center.
- After you have successfully deployed a tenant, you can monitor the performance and identify errors or bottlenecks in your overlay network by using the tenant monitor. For detailed steps on monitoring tenant details, see Monitoring Tenant Details.