Monitoring RF Interference Sources For Radios on One Access Point
Because the 2.4-GHz band includes radio transmissions from devices other than wireless networks, interference is a common problem. Network Director detects, classifies, and displays radio interference in several monitors. This topic describes the access point interference monitor that can be applied only to access points. If the access point has two radios, interference for each is displayed separately.
You can also monitor interference by Monitoring RF Interference Sources on One Radio and Monitoring RF Interference Sources on Wireless Devices.
To view an access point’s RF interference sources over a fixed period of time:
- Select Monitor Mode in the Network Director banner.
- Select any view from the View pane.
- Expand the wireless list in the View pane, then select
an access point.
The RF monitor tab becomes available when you select an access point.
- Click the RF tab.
The RF Interference Sources monitor bar chart for access point radios is displayed as one of the four default monitors.
- Optionally, change the timeframe covered by the monitor by selecting a different time from the list.
- Optionally, add or remove a radio on the chart by clicking Radio1 or Radio2 in the legend.
- Click Help (?) for information about the access point interference chart or see RF Interference Sources Monitor For an Access Point.