Converting the QSFP+ Ports on QFX Series and QFabric Devices
The 40-Gbps QSFP+ ports on QFX Series and QFabric devices can be configured to operate as four 10-Gigabit Ethernet (xe) ports, one 40-Gigabit Ethernet (xle) port, or one 40-Gbps data uplink (fte) port (for QFabric devices).
To start converting QSFP+ ports:
- Click Deploy in the Network Director banner.
- Select the node in the View pane that contains the ports you want to convert.
- Select the task Device Management > Convert
Ports in the Tasks pane.
The Ports Conversion wizard opens to the Device Selection page. Continue with Selecting Devices.
This topic describes:
Use the Device Selection page to select the devices that contain the ports you want to convert.
To select devices that contain the ports you want to convert:
- Select the device family to filter and display devices
from that device family. You can select either Data Center ELS or Data Center non ELS.
If you selected Data Center ELS, proceed to step 3.
- If you selected Data Center non ELS, select the Standalone radio button or the QFabric radio button.
The device list displays only devices of the selected type.
- Select the devices that contain the ports you want to convert by selecting their check boxes.
- Click Next.
The Convert Ports page opens. Continue with section Converting Ports.
Table 1 describes the information provided about devices on the Device Selection page. This page lists all the devices in the selected scope that contain QSFP+ ports.
Table 1: Port Conversion Device Selection Page
Configured name of the device or IP address if no hostname is configured.
IP Address (Standalone devices only)
IP Address of the device.
NodeGroup Name (QFabric devices only)
Name of the node group the port belongs to.
Serial number on device chassis.
Model number of the device.
Connection status of the device in Network Director:
Config State (Standalone devices only)
Displays the configuration status of the device:
Use the Convert Ports page to convert QSFP+ ports between port types.
The page contains a table in which you configure the port conversion. The Port Name (Default) column displays the default port name.
To convert QSFP+ ports:
- To convert a port, click its Convert to Port column.
- Select an option from the list that opens:
No Change—Does not change the port type.
fte—Configures the port as one 40-Gbps data uplink port (for QFabric nodes only).
xle—Configures the port as one 40-Gigabit Ethernet port.
xe—Configures the port as a group of 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- The Port Name (After Conversion) column displays what the port name will be if you commit the current settings.
- When you finish making port type settings, click Next.
The Review page opens. Continue with Reviewing and Deploying Port Conversions
Reviewing and Deploying Port Conversions
Use the Review page to review settings and deploy the port conversion:
- To change settings from the Review page, click Back to return to previous wizard pages.
- When you finish making changes, click Deploy to deploy the port conversion to the selected devices.