Monitoring the Status of a Virtual Chassis
When you select a Virtual Chassis from the network tree in any view, four monitors are displayed that give at-a-glance information about the status and performance of the Virtual Chassis. Use this information to monitor the chassis as a whole, without reviewing each switch independently.
To locate the Virtual Chassis monitors:
- Click Monitor in the Network Director banner to ensure that you are in Monitor mode.
- Expand the network tree to expose the Virtual Chassis node.
- Select the Virtual Chassis in the network tree.
- Click the Equipment tab to display the four monitors.
- Click the Help icon on the monitor learn more about the purpose or fields on a monitor.
The four monitors are:
Resource Utilization Monitor for Switches, Routers, Virtual Chassis, Virtual Chassis Fabrics, and QFabric Systems, that provides information about the composition of the chassis, its members, and the location of neighboring switches.
Status Monitor for Virtual Chassis, that provides information about the uptime, IP address, and hostname of the Virtual Chassis.
Resource Monitor For Wireless LAN Controllers, that provides a graphical representation of CPU usage and memory consumption.
Port Status Monitor, that provides port level status information.