WLAN Setup consists of creating a Radio profile and also assigning that Radio profile to radios. You can also accomplish this by Creating and Managing a Radio Profile and then Assigning a Radio Profile to Radios.
This topic includes the following:
Setting Up Wireless Radios
To set up WLAN radios, use WLAN Setup to create a Radio profile, then assign the Radio profile to radios:
- Under Views in the Network Director banner, select either Logical View, Location View, Device View or Custom Group View.
Do not select Dashboard View, Datacenter View, or Topology View.
- Click in the Network Director banner.
- In the Tasks pane, expand Wireless, expand Tasks, and then click WLAN Setup.
The WLAN Setup page opens, displaying the WLAN Setup wizard. The wizard consists of three parts, Create Radio Profile, Assignment, and Summary.
- Create Radio Profile is selected by default. Complete the Create Radio Profile configuration as described in both the online help and in Creating a Radio Profile Using WLAN Setup.
- Click the Assignment section of the WLAN Setup wizard. Complete the Radio profile assignment as described in both the online help and in Assigning a Radio Profile to Radios By Using WLAN Setup.
- Click the Summary section of the WLAN Setup wizard. Make any needed changes, and then click Finish.
Creating a Radio Profile Using WLAN Setup
Complete the configuration described in Table 1.
Table 1: WLAN Setup Radio Profile Configuration
Type a unique name that identifies the profile.
Use up to 32 characters for wireless profile names. Profile names must not contain special characters or spaces. Note that profiles automatically created by Network Director as part of device discovery or out-of-band changes might contain the underscore (_) character.
Type a description for this Radio profile.
|WLAN Service Profiles|
Radio profiles must include a WLAN Service profile. You can either create a WLAN Service profile or use an existing WLAN Service profile for the Radio profile.
Task: Create a WLAN Service profile for this Radio profile.
Task: Select a WLAN Service profile for this Radio profile.
Task: Remove a WLAN Service profile from this Radio profile.
Select one or more of the listed WLAN Service profiles and then click Remove.
Auto Tune Setting
Select the version of auto-tuning that corresponds to the version of the MSS operating system in use:
Next, click Assign Radios and follow the directions Assigning a Radio Profile to Radios By Using WLAN Setup.
Assigning a Radio Profile to Radios By Using WLAN Setup
To assign a Radio profile created with WLAN Setup to radios:
- Select a controller from the displayed tree.
- Click Select.
The Assign Profile to Radios window opens with a list of radios.
- Add radios to the controller by selecting one or more radios from the tree in the and then clicking Assign.
- Select one or more radios by placing a check mark next to the name of the radio.
- Click Assign.
The Assign Profile to Radios window closes and the assigned radios are added to the list on the Assign Radios page.
- Click either Next or Review, make any changes, and then click Finish.
What To Do Next
Next, deploy the devices with assigned Radio profiles—see Deploying Configuration to Devices.