Assigning a Wireless CoS Profile to Controllers
CoS profiles enable the grouping of class of service (CoS) parameters and apply them to one or more wireless interfaces. Network Director provides you with predefined traffic types for each wireless CoS profile that you create. These traffic types represent the most common types of traffic for the device type. You must have an existing CoS Profile to complete this task—for directions, see Creating and Managing Wireless CoS Profiles.
To assign a CoS Profile to a controller:
- Under Views, select one of these options: Logical
View, Location View, Device View or Custom Group View.
Do not select Dashboard View, Datacenter View, or Topology View.
- Click in the Network Director banner.
- In the View pane, select one or more controllers. If you select Wireless Network, you select all controllers.
- In the Tasks pane, expand Wireless, expand Profiles, and then select CoS.
The Manage CoS Profiles page appears, displaying the list of currently configured CoS Profiles.
- Select a CoS Profile from the list, and then click Assign.
The Assign CoS Profile wizard opens. The wizard consists of three sections, Device Selection, Profile Assignment, and Review.
- From Device Selection, select one or more devices for CoS Profile assignment—all devices under the selection are also selected.
- Click Profile Assignment to open the next page
of the wizard.
The Assign CoS Profile page opens, displaying a list of selected devices.
- From Profile Assignment, select one or more devices from the list by placing a check mark next to the devices. Click either Assign to Device or Assign to Cluster.
- Click Review and then click Edit to make any needed changes.
- Click Finish.
The new assignment appears in the list.