At any time after you create a site, you can grow your location by adding buildings. You add a building to a site either from within the Location wizard or independently from the Add Building page.
This topic describes:
How to Add or Edit a Building
To add or change a building definition:
- Ensure you are in the Build mode and Location view. Click Build in the Network Director banner to enter Build mode; select Location View from the list in the View pane.
- If you want to add a building to a site:
- Select the site in the Tasks pane , for example, Main
The Tasks pane refreshes to show your selected site and the tasks available at the site node.
- Click Add Building in the Tasks pane to open the Add Building page.
- Select the site in the Tasks pane , for example, Main Campus.
- If you want to edit an existing building definition:
- Select the building within the site, for example, Headquarters
The Tasks pane refreshes to show your selected building and the available tasks that you can perform at the building node.
- Click Edit Building in the Tasks pane to open the Edit Building page.
- Select the building within the site, for example, Headquarters Building.
- Fill in the fields and click Done to submit the information and to refresh the network tree.
Adding or Editing a Building for a Location
Table 1 describes the fields needed to establish a building.
Table 1: Add or Edit Building Fields
Type a representative name for the building. The Building Name is a required field.
Type an address. The address can be the street address, building number, or any other identification that helps distinguish it from other buildings.
Click to submit the information. Your view updates to reflect the building change under the site name in the network tree.
Click to close the window without changes.