Assigning an mDNS Profile to Devices
Add support for Apple TV, Internet printing, and/or iTunes to a device by assigning an mDNS Profile to the device.
You must have an existing mDNS profile to assign—to create one, see Creating and Managing mDNS Profiles.
To assign an mDNS Profile to devices:
- Under Views, select one of these options: Logical
View, Location View, Device View or Custom Group View.
Do not select Dashboard View, Datacenter View, or Topology View.
- Click in the Network Director banner.
- In the View pane, select a controller.
- In the Tasks pane, expand Wireless, expand Profiles, and then select mDNS.
The Manage mDNS Profile page appears, displaying the list of currently configured mDNS Profiles.
- Select an mDNS Profile from the list, and then click Assign.
The Assign mDNS Profile wizard opens. The wizard consists of three sections, Device Selection, Profile Assignment, and Review.
- From Device Selection, select one or more devices for mDNS Profile assignment.
- Click either Next or Profile Assignment.
The Assignments list is displayed with the selected devices.
- Select any or all devices from the Assignments list and
then click Assign to AP.
The Assign Profile to Managed Nodes window opens, displaying a list of access points on the device.
- Select any or all listed access points, and then click Assign.
The Assign Profile to Managed Nodes window closes and the new assignment is added to the Assignments list.
- Click either Next or Review.
Devices with mDNS assignments are listed.
- To make changes, click Edit, make the changes, and then click the Review section of the wizard again.
- Click Finish.