Assigning an FC Gateway Service Profile to Ports
You assign an FC Gateway Service profile to the ports on Data Center Switching devices that you want to include in a Fibre Channel (FC) gateway. You must assign the profile to at least one FC port and at least one Ethernet or aggregated Ethernet interface on the device. In a QFabric fabric, an FC gateway cannot span multiple nodes.
This topic describes:
Assigning an FC Gateway Service Profile
To assign an FC Gateway Service profile:
- From the Network Director Banner, select Build mode.
- In the Tasks pane, select Wired > Profiles > FC Gateway Service.
The FC Gateway Service Profiles page appears. The page displays all the FC Gateway Service profiles that you configured as well as the system-created profiles detected during device discovery.
- Select a profile from the list of profiles and click Assign.
The Assign FC Gateway Service Common Settings page opens to the Object Selection page.
If Network Director fails to read the configuration of one or more devices after the device discovery, such devices are not displayed in the Assign Profile page. You will not be able to assign profiles to such devices. The Manage Jobs page in System mode displays details of the device discovery jobs. Use the information displayed on this page to take appropriate corrective steps to enable Network Director to reread the configuration of the failed device. For more information, see Discovering Devices in a Physical Network.
- Enable either Select Devices or Select Port Groups.
- If you enabled Select Port Groups, select one or more port groups from the Select Port Group list.
- If you enabled Select Devices, expand the list
of objects and select the objects that contain the devices and interfaces
you want to assign by clicking the check box next to them.
If you select a container node, all devices under that node are selected. The list of objects is filtered to include only devices that match the profile’s family type. Be sure that a check mark appears in the corresponding check box—highlighting the object name is not sufficient.
- Click either Next or Profile Assignment.
The Profile Assignment page displays the list of existing assignments in the Assignments table.
- To assign the profile to ports on a device:
- Select one or more container nodes or devices from the
To assign the profile to nonconsecutive interfaces or to aggregated Ethernet interfaces, select a single device.
To assign the profile to interfaces in the same consecutive interface range (for example, ge-0/0/0 through ge-0/0/15) on one or more devices, select one or more devices. To make multiple selections, press Shift or Ctrl while making the selections.
To assign a profile to ports within a QFabric system select the member node group or groups that contain the ports.
To assign a profile to ports within a Virtual Chassis Fabric (VCF), you can select any container nodes or member devices within the VCF, including the VCF container node.
To assign a profile to aggregated Ethernet ports within a Virtual Chassis or VCF, select the Virtual Chassis or VCF container node. To assign a profile to physical device ports within a Virtual Chassis or VCF, select one or more member devices.
Channelized ports are only applicable for Data Center Switching ELS devices and only XE interfaces can be used as channelized ports.
- Click the Assign to Port button from the list.
The Assign Profile to Ports window opens.
- Select either Ports (default) or Port Range. If you selected multiple devices in the previous step, you cannot choose the Port option.
- If you selected the Port option, select the ports from
the list of ports.
By default, aggregated Ethernet interfaces are listed after the ge- and xe- interfaces in the list of ports. Members of aggregated Ethernet interfaces are not included in the port list.
- If you selected the Port Range option, enter the port
- In the Normal Ports section, enter a first and last port name in the text boxes, then click the Add button. The port range appears in the Selected Port Range section.
- Repeat the add process to add any additional port ranges.
- To delete a port range, select its check box, then click the Delete button.
At least one port within the port range must be available on each selected device for the port range to succeed. Assignments are created for the ports within the port range that are available. You can assign the profile to the same interface on multiple devices by entering the interface name in both fields of the port range.
- Select one or more container nodes or devices from the Assignments list:
- Click Assign to complete the port assignments and close the window.
- On the Profile Assignment page, you can view the assignment
details for the selected device and also remove any assignments:
To view the assignment details, select the device and click View Assignments.
The Profile Details page for selected device appears. Expand the Device name to view the details of the assignment. The assignment status displays the status whether the device is deployed or is pending device update, and so on.
To delete a device from the assignment list, select the device from the Assignments table and click Remove.
- Click Next or click Review from the top wizard workflow to review the assignments. Use the Edit button if you want to edit the profile assignment.
- Click Finish once you are done reviewing the
After you click Finish, the Create Profile Assignments Job Details dialog box appears, which reports on the status of the profile assignment job. If you have assigned the profile to a large number of objects, the profile assignment job can take some time to complete. Instead of waiting for the Job Details dialog box to report job completion status, you can close it and check the details of the profile assignment job at a later time using the Manage Job task in System mode.
If any assignment fails, the profile assignment job fails and none of the assignments are created. Check the details for the profile assignment job for information about why the assignment failed.
After you assign an FC Gateway Service profile to a device, you can deploy the profile from the Deploy mode. For details, see Deploying Configuration to Devices.
To view the details of a profile, select the profile from the Manage Fabric Profiles page and click the Details button.
Editing the Assignments of an FC Gateway Service Profile
To edit an FC Gateway Service profile’s port assignments:
- Select a profile from the Manage FC Gateway Service Profile
page and click Edit Assign.
The Edit Assignments page opens.
- Expand the nodes in the list to locate the devices and ports you want to change.
- To delete a device or port from a profile, click Delete in the Operation column of the device or
An X appears in the Record Status column.
- To delete multiple devices or ports from a profile, select
the devices or ports, then click the Delete button.
An X appears in the Record Status column of the deleted devices or ports.
- When you are done making assignment changes, click Apply.
The Manage FC Gateway Service Profile page opens.