Exporting Managed Device Details to a CSV File
The Service Gateways—Managed Service Gateways page lists all of the devices that are currently being controlled and provisioned by the Edge Services Director application. You can export Service Now device data to CSV and Excel file formats. A CSV file is a plaintext file that stores each data record separated by a comma. Choose this format if you want to export the report data to a spreadsheet or other business application. The Comma-Separated Values (CSV) format takes the raw data from the devices listing and delineates the fields with commas so that it imports into popular spreadsheet programs
To export the device data in CSV format:
- From the View selector, select Gateway View. The workspaces that are applicable to this view are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon on the Edge Services Director banner.
The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the View pane, select the All Network item in Gateway view.
- Select Services Gateways from the task pane.
The Service Gateways page is displayed.
- Select the Manage Service Gateways option.
The Service Gateways—Managed Service Gateways page appears with the list of managed SDGs. If the SDGs are configured in a high availability pair, the details of both the devices in the pair are exported.
- Select the check box next to the managed SDG or SDG pair that you want to export to a CSV file.
- Click the Export Service Gateway Details icon.
The Export SDG dialog box is displayed.
- Export the device inventory information to the CSV file. You can export information about selected devices or export information about all of the devices managed by Junos Space. Click either the Export Selected button or the Export All button to begin creating the CSV file.
- Download the resulting CSV file. Now that you have the CSV report, you can import that CSV file into other applications such as those you use for asset management.