Comparing Configuration Settings of Devices
You can compare the configuration of a SDG with any other SDG that is discovered. You can contrast and view the configuration settings of a master device with another master device in two SDG high availability pairs, of a standby device with another standby device, or of a master and a standby device in the same SDG pair. You can compare the settings of up to four devices simultaneously. After you select the desired device and initiate the comparison operation, you can also add more devices until the maximum limit of four devices is reached for comparison.
The services are displayed and the objects or components of each service instance are also shown. You can filter and view a specified service component or the components of all services. A red minus mark denotes that the particular parameter or element is not available or configured on the specified device. A green tick mark denotes that the particular parameter is available on the corresponding device. For attributes that can contain values, the associated values are shown for the appropriate device. Otherwise, for attributes that can either be disabled or enabled, the red minus icon or green tick icon provides a graphical indication. To compare the configuration settings of two or more devices
To compare the configuration settings of two or more devices
- From the View selector, select Gateway View. The workspaces that are applicable to this view are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon on the Edge Services Director banner.
The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the task pane, select Services Gateways.
The Service Gateways page is displayed.
- From the task pane, select the Managed Gateway option.
The list of managed SDGs appears.
- Perform the following from the View pane:
Click the All Network item. The list of discovered SDG groups that contain devices are displayed.
Click the + sign to expand the tree beside the SDG groups. At least, two discovered devices must be present for which you want to compare the services configured. You must select the pair of devices within the SDG group.
Select the SDG device pair. The list of managed devices are displayed.
You must select a minimum of two devices, if the SDG is not a high availability pair of devices.
- Select the Compare Configuration option from
the task pane that displays the configuration settings contrasted
between the two devices you selected. The Compare Configuration View
page is displayed.
The list of service types are displayed in the leftmost column of the table.
- From the View drop-down list, select one of the following
All Configs—Causes all of the services configurations to be displayed.
ADC—Causes the application delivery service components to be displayed.
TLB—Causes the traffic load balancer service components to be displayed.
SFW—Causes the stateful firewall service components to be displayed.
CGNAT—Causes the carrier-grade NAT service components to be displayed.
- From the Select Devices list, select more devices up to the maximum limit of four devices. Click the cross mark beside each selected device if you want to remove it from the list, and select a different device instead.
- Click the Compare Configuration icon adjacent to the Select Devices drop-down list. The devices you select cause their configurations to be displayed on the page.
- Click Refresh to refresh the displayed configuration. This action reads the device configuration of the selected device, perform the comparison, and updates the display to highlight the differences between the devices.
- Click Close after you finish viewing the configuration comparison and to return to the page that lists the devices.