Changing Alarm State
When an alarm becomes active, it remains active until either the system determines that the condition is resolved or system personnel change the status. Critical alarms always need immediate attention and seldom resolve on their own, but informational messages are often expected actions and results. When a condition is severe or persistent and needs attention, follow these steps:
- Locate the alarm.
- Click Fault in the Connectivity Services Director banner to enter Fault mode.
- Click the Alarm Details icon on any of the monitors to open the Alarm Details page. Scroll or sort the alarms to find the alarm in question. As an alternate method, click Search Alarms in the Tasks pane and filter the active alarm list.
- Select the alarm.
- Review the Event Details that triggered the trap for the alarm. These events provide insight into the cause or location of the problem.
- Click Acknowledge to indicate that the problem is now known. You should receive a message saying the alarm is acknowledged.
- Depending whether you can resolve the alarm with the information at hand or not, either assign the alarm to a member of your staff or clear the alarm. Click Clear to clear the alarm or click Assign and fill in the assignee’s name.
At any time in the life cycle of an alarm, you can attach information about the alarm to the alarm record by clicking Annotate. Fill in your name in the Notes By field and add the note description in the Notes field. Click Add to record the annotation.