Unassigning N-PE Devices
To unassign an N-PE device so that it can no longer be assigned to a service:
Before you an unassign an N-PE device, it must not be assigned to any deployed service.
- From the View selector, select Service View. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- Click the Build icon in the Service View of the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the Network Services > Connectivity task pane, select Prestage Devices > Prestage Devices.
- In the Devices Chart window, select the device on which you want to add an interface to the list of potential UNIs.
- Click Manage Device Roles and from the drop-down
list, select Unassign Role to remove the role capability
of a network element. You are prompted to confirm the operation. If
you click OK, a request is submitted to remove the latest
role of the network element or device.
The device is removed from the list of network elements displayed on the Devices Chart page.