Deactivating an LSP Service
This procedure disables a service for a particular protocol that you have previously created on the network. By disabling a service, the traffic processing for the traversed packets is impacted. In certain network topologies, you might require a service-related settings to be disabled for a certain period to perform troubleshooting or modification to the traffic-handling method, and you might want to reactivate a disabled service later when you have completed network maintenance and analysis work. In such a case, it might be beneficial to use the deactivation functionality for a service order. When you disable a service, the configuration attributes associated with such a service are deactivated and commented out in the device settings. The deactivated service is propagated to the devices associated with the service. To disable a service, the service must not contain any pending or uncommitted changes. Also, the service must be in the Deployed or Re-Activated state.
To modify a service order, it must not be in the Deactivated state.
To deactivate a service:
- Select Service View from the View Selector. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Deploy icon in the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the Service View pane, which is the left pane in the window, click the plus sign (+) next to Network Services to expand the tree and display the different service types that you can configure.
- Click the plus sign (+) beside Tunnel to view services based on protocols, and expand the LSPs tree to select an LSP service.
- From the task pane, select Service Provisioning > Manage LSP. The top part of the right pane displays the Manage LSP Network Services page, with the table of services, and the bottom part of the right pane displays the Manage LSP Service Deployment page, with the table of service orders.
- From the Manage Network Services page, select the check box next to the service you want to deactivate.
- Click the down arrow on the Action menu, above the table of listed services, and select Deactivate to disable the selected service. A dialog box is displayed prompting you to confirm your action.
- Do one of the following in the Confirmation dialog box:
To deactivate the service immediately, select Deactivate now, and click Yes. If you click Yes, a pending change request is created for each selected service. Alternatively, if you click No, the deactivate operation is discarded.
To deactivate the service at a later time, select Deactivate later, and select a date and time for deployment, then click OK. The time field specifies the time kept by the server, but in the time zone of the client. After scheduling the service order for deactivation, the provisioning software begins validating the service order.
- Use the Jobs workspace to monitor the outcome of the deployment.