Logging In to Junos Space UI in FIPS mode
You can connect to the Junos® Space UI by using your Web browser. The minimum browser requirements supported by Junos Space Network Management Platform are Internet Explorer version 11, Google Chrome version 22, and Mozilla Firefox version 45.
We recommend a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels or higher.
To avoid a Browser Exploit Against SSL/TLS (BEAST) attack, whenever you log in to Junos Space through a browser tab or window, make sure that the tab or window was not previously used to access a non-HTTPS website. Best practice is to close your browser and relaunch it before logging in to Junos Space.
The Network Monitoring Topology feature of Junos Space Platform is not supported on Internet Explorer.
Before you log in to Junos Space, ensure that the Adobe Flash version 10 or later plug-in is installed in your browser.
To access and log in to Junos Space UI in FIPS mode:
- In the address bar of your browser window, enter
https://virtual-IP-address/mainui/, where virtual-IP-address is the previously configured virtual IP (VIP) address that is used for Web access to Junos Space.
- Press Enter or click Search.
The Junos Space login page appears.
- In the Username text box, enter your username. The default username is super. For information about how to change your username, consult your system administrator.
- In the Password text box, enter your password. For information about how to change your password, see https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-space18.4/platform/topics/task/configuration/junos-space-user-password-changing.html
- (Optional) If the remote authentication server is configured for Challenge/Response, you are presented with challenge questions. Provide valid responses to the challenge questions to log in successfully.
- Click Log In.
The Junos Space FIPS mode home page appears. If the home page is not set, the Junos Space Dashboard page is displayed. If the home page is inaccessible due to role or domain restrictions, a warning message is displayed and the Junos Space Dashboard page is loaded.
If you are a user with access to more than one domain, then an informational message about switching domains is displayed in a dialog box.
Do one of the following:
To prevent the informational message from appearing again, ensure that the Don’t show again check box is selected and click OK. The Don’t show again check box is selected by default.
To allow the informational message to continue appearing, clear the Don’t show again check box and click OK.
By default, Junos Space Platform authenticates a user's username and password. However, you can also use certificates to authenticate and authorize sessions among various servers and users. To configure certificate-based authentication, see https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-space18.4/platform/topics/concept/junos-space-certificate-management-overview.html.