Installing Software on a QFX Series devices with a Single Routing Engine
You can use this procedure to upgrade Junos OS on switch with a single Routing Engine.
To install software upgrades on a switch with a single Routing Engine:
- Download the software package as described in Downloading Software Packages from Juniper Networks .
- If you have not already done so, connect to the console port on the switch from your management device, and log in to the Junos OS CLI. (For instructions, see Configuring a QFX10000 Device )
- (Optional) Back up the current software configuration to a second storage option. See the Junos OS Installation and Upgrade Guide for instructions on performing this task.
- (Optional) Copy the software package to the switch. We
recommend that you use FTP to copy the file to the
This step is optional because Junos OS can also be upgraded when the software image is stored at a remote location. These instructions describe the software upgrade process for both scenarios.
- Install the new package on the switch:user@switch> request system software add <package>
packagewith one of the following paths:
For a software package in a local directory on the switch, use
For a software package on a remote server, use one of the following paths, replacing package with the software package name.
If you need to terminate the installation, do not reboot your switch; instead, finish the installation and then issue the request system software delete package.tgz command, where package.tgz is, for example, jinstall-host-qfx-10-f-x86-64-18.1-R1_tvp.0-secure-signed.tgz . This is your last chance to stop the installation.
- Reboot the switch to load the installation and start the
new software:user@switch> request system reboot