Check Juniper Secure Connect Application Logs
- The log is continuously active in the background, even
if the log window is not open. All the relevant Juniper Secure Connect
communication events are displayed and saved for one week per operation
day, in a log file. The files older than seven online days are automatically
The log file is generated automatically in the installation directory under the
Logfolder when the communication process is completed. The log file is named in
NCPyymmdd.LOGformat, where yy=year, mm=month, and dd=date. Select Help > Logbook to view the log messages in the log book page.
You can change the storage time for log files using the Extended Log Settings option. You can open and analyze the log files using a text editor.
- From the menu bar, click Help and then select Extended Log Settings.
- Enable all options by selecting all the check boxes, and then click OK.
- Open the logbook and check for any log messages that indicate the problem. If you cannot resolve your issue based upon the log messages, start the Support Assistant by clicking Help and then selecting Support Assistant. The Support Assistant collects all the required data.
- Click Add to attach any additional files, and then click Next. The Save archive file page opens.
- Select the Only create the archive file option
button. Then, click Next.
After the archival process is completed, Juniper Secure Connect displays the archived file location.
- Click Finish.
Following are the steps to check the Juniper Secure Connect application logs on a macOS platform:
- Select Log > Logbook through the Juniper Secure
Connect application menu to open the logbook.
Check for any log messages that indicate the problem.
- If you are not able to resolve the issue, save this log
message into a file with the
ncpmonlog.txtfilename. Copy the file
ncpphone.cfgto the same location where you saved the logbook file
- To locate the
ncpphone.cfgfile, open the Finder and select Go in the menu bar and at the same time press down the “Option” key on your keyboard.
The directory location where the Juniper Secure Connect files are saved is displayed.
Following are the steps to check the Juniper Secure Connect application logs on an Android device:
In the Juniper Secure Connect application menu, click the three vertical dots at the top right corner and select Log from the menu.
The log output window appears, displaying the log messages.