Create Rollout Packages for Juniper Secure Connect Installation
As a system administrator, you can also build your own rollout packages, if required. Building the rollout packages is an optional step. When you create rollout packages for Juniper Secure Connect application, you can install the application across the organization. Read the following steps to learn how you, as a system administrator can prepare the Juniper Secure Connect installer for the software rollout.
Juniper Secure Connect provides the installer for macOS as a
disk image (
.dmg) file. First you
need to mount the package that is located inside the
.dmg file. To do this, double-click its icon in
the Finder. It should then mount the image and display
its contents. You can see the installer package and the uninstall
program when you double-click the image file in the Finder window.
Note that the
is write-protected and as a system administrator you must first convert
.dmg file into a read or write
format. You also must convert and resize the image before distributing
the installer to users.
- Install the Juniper Secure Connect application manually on one device. After the installation is complete, initiate a connection to the profiles to be saved for the users.
- Create a folder with name
JuniperSecureConnectincluding the sub-directories as shown below (all directory are case-sensitive):
- Copy the
\Library\Application Support\Juniper\SecureConnect\folder to the following folder:
- Copy your CA certificates to the following folder:
- (Optional) To add a custom branding option, follow these
ProjectLogo.inithat contains the following information:
[GENERAL] Picture=\Users\...\Documents\JuniperSecureConnect\ImportDir\cbo.png HtmlLocal=\Users\...\Documents\JuniperSecureConnect\ImportDir\cbo.html
Create a logo in
.bmpfile format and with
cbo.pngfile name. The width of the image must be 328 pixels only. The height of the image can be adjusted from 24 pixels and above.
You can optionally create an HTML file with
cbo.htmlas a file name that will open if the user clicks on the logo in the application.
Now copy these three files (
cbo.html) into the following folder:
- Skip this step, if you are using pre-shared key authentication
For EAP-TLS authentication, you must save the user certificates only with name
user.p12in below directory.
Ensure that user certificate is unique for each installation package.
- On macOS, open the Disk Utility.app as shown in Figure 1.
- In the menu bar, select Images > Convert as shown in Figure 2.
- Select the image that you would like to use as shown in Figure 3.
- Select the folder location and save this image with the name of your choice. Change the Image Format to read/write and click Convert as shown in Figure 4.
- Once the conversion is successful, click Done as shown in Figure 5.
- Unmount this disk in the Disk Utility tool as shown in Figure 6.
- Double-click on the newly created image to get it mounted as shown in Figure 7.
- Copy the ImportDir directory to this mounted drive as shown in Figure 8.
- Navigate back to the Disk Utility tool. In the menu bar, select Images > Resize… and then select the file as shown in Figure 9.
- Set the New Size to 1MB, and click Resize as shown in Figure 10.
You’ve successfully created the rollout package and ready to distribute Juniper Secure Connect installer. The newly created .dmg file is the installer.