Manual Installation of Juniper Secure Connect
Following are the steps to install the Juniper Secure Connect on your Windows machine.
- Run the Windows installer (.exe) for Juniper Secure Connect . See Figure 1.
- Read the license agreement carefully. If you accept the terms, then select I accept the terms in the license agreement check box to accept the license agreement. See Figure 2.
- Click Next and choose the installation folder for downloading the Juniper Secure Connect software. See Figure 3.
- Click Next and select Create a shortcut on the desktop to create a shortcut for Juniper Secure Connect on your desktop. See Figure 4.
- Click Next and the installation page screen
appears. Verify that you have enough space on your system. Click Install to begin the installation process. See Figure 5.
The installation takes several minutes to complete. Please wait till the installation is completed. See Figure 6.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish. See Figure 7.
Congratulations! The Juniper Secure Connect application is successfully installed in your Windows machine.
- To use the application, you must first restart your system. See Figure 8.
- You can now launch the Juniper Secure Connect and enter
the Gateway Address URL to connect with the SRX Series
device. Figure 9 shows an example
to enter the gateway address to the SRX Series device.
You can also enter a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in the Gateway Address URL to connect with the SRX Series device. For example: https://vpn.juniper.net.
After entering the gateway address, click the connection toggle button to establish connection manually to the destination system. You can also select Connection > Connect from the menu bar to manually establish a VPN connection. When the connection is established successfully, the application window minimizes in the task bar.