Manual Installation of Juniper Secure Connect
Following are the steps to install the Juniper Secure Connect on your macOS machine.
- Run the Juniper Secure Connect installer (.dmg file).
To start the installation, click on
Juniper Secure Connect.pkg. See Figure 1.
- A pop-up window appears as shown in Figure 2 with a message that a program will run to check whether Juniper Secure Connect application can be installed. Click Continue to run the program.
- Juniper Secure Connect welcome page appears. See Figure 3. Click Continue.
- Juniper Secure Connect Software License Agreement page appears. See Figure 4.
Read the license agreement carefully. If you accept the terms, then select I accept the terms in the license agreement check box to accept the license agreement. Click Continue. See Figure 5.
You can also save or print the software license agreement. To continue the installation, you must agree to the terms of the software license agreement and click Continue.
- The Advanced Options page appears. See Figure 6. Click Continue.
- In the Installation Type page, you can change
the installation location if you wish. Verify that you have enough
space on your system. Click Install to begin the installation
process. See Figure 7.
A pop-up message as shown in Figure 8 is displayed to confirm restarting the computer when the installation is complete. Click Continue Installation to confirm restart.
- Juniper Secure Connect installer runs the package scripts
as shown in Figure 9.
Figure 10 shows an example of the Juniper Secure Connect installation window when the installation is successfully completed.
Congratulations! The Juniper Secure Connect application is successfully installed in your Mac.
- To use the application, you must first restart your system.
- You can now launch the Juniper Secure Connect and enter
the Gateway Address URL to connect with the SRX Series
device. Figure 11 shows an example to enter
the gateway address to the SRX Series device.
You can also enter a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in the Gateway Address URL to connect with the SRX Series device. For example: https://vpn.juniper.net.
After entering the gateway address, click the connection toggle button to establish connection manually to the destination system. You can also select Connection > Connect from the menu bar to manually establish a VPN connection. When the connection is established successfully, the application window minimizes in the task bar.