Adding a Destination to the WinCollect Configuration Console
Add an JSA instance as a destination for WinCollect data.
- In the WinCollect Configuration Console, expand the Destinations parameter.
- Right-click the Syslog TCP or Syslog UDP parameter, depending upon which destination type you want to add,
and click Add New Destination.
If you want to specify a secondary destination, you must select the TCP Protocol.
- In the New Destination Name box, add a name
for the destination. Click OK.
It is helpful to provide a destination name that includes the IP address, such as "JSAEPI_198.x.x.x". If you have to edit the log source and change a destination in the future, you can determine the IP address for the destination.
- Expand Syslog TCP or Syslog UDP, and select the destination that you added to view the Properties window.
- Define the Name, Hostname, Port, and Throttle for the new destination.
- If you have Data Sync and want to add a Secondary Destination to receive events if the primary destination fails, add the IP address or hostname.
- If you added a Secondary Destination, enter the number of seconds that the primary destination must be unreachable before the agent begins sending events to the secondary destination in the Secondary Failover (seconds) field.
- Click Deploy Changes under Actions.
Stand-alone deployments of WinCollect 7.3.0 and later support adding a secondary destination.