The MetaInfo MetaIP DSM for JSA accepts MetaIP events by using syslog.
JSA records all relevant and available information from the event. Before you configure a MetaIP device in JSA, you must configure your device to forward syslog events. For information on configuring your MetaInfo MetaIP appliance, see your vendor documentation.
After you configure your MetaInfo MetaIP appliance, the configuration for JSA is complete. JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events that are forwarded from MetaInfo MetaIP appliances. However, you can manually create a log source for JSA to receive syslog events. The following configuration steps are optional.
To manually configure a log source for MetaInfo MetaIP:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
The Data Sources pane is displayed.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
The Log Sources window is displayed.
- Click Add.
The Add a log source window is displayed.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Metainfo MetaIP.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
The syslog protocol configuration is displayed.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your MetaInfo MetaIP appliances.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete.