Configuring a Mac OS X Log Source
JSA does not automatically discover or create log sources for syslog events from Apple Mac OS X.
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Mac OS X.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- In the Log Source Identifier field, type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Apple Mac OS X device.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The log source is added to JSA. You are now ready to configure your Apple Mac OS X device to forward syslog events to JSA.