Configuring a Log Source
To integrate OpenBSD events with JSA, you must manually create a log source. JSA does not automatically discover or create log sources for syslog events from OpenBSD operating systems.
To create a log source for OpenBSD:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
The Data Sources pane is displayed.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
The Log Sources window is displayed.
- Click Add.
The Add a log source window is displayed.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select OpenBSD OS.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
The syslog protocol configuration is displayed.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your OpenBSD appliance.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The log source is added to JSA. You are now ready to configure your OpenBSD appliance to forward syslog events.