Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events from Fidelis XPS. However, you can manually create a log source for JSA to receive syslog events.
The following configuration steps are optional:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Fidelis XPS.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Fidelis XPS appliance.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete.