Collecting Log Files
JSA log files contain detailed information about your deployment, such as host names, IP addresses, and email addresses. If you need help with troubleshooting, you can collect the log files and send them to Juniper Networks Support.
You can collect the log files for one or more host systems at the same time. Depending on the size of your deployment and the number of managed hosts, this might take awhile. The JSA console log files are automatically included in each log file collection.
You can continue to use the JSA console while the log file collection is running. If the system is actively collecting log files, you can't begin a new collection request. Cancel the active collection process and start another collection.
When the log file collection process completes, a system notification appears on the System Monitoring dashboard.
- On the navigation menu (), click Admin.
- In the System Configuration section, click System and License Management.
- In the Display list, select Systems.
- Select the hosts in the host table.
- Click Actions >Collect Log Files.
- Click Advanced Options and choose the options
for the log file collection.
Encrypted log file collections can be decrypted only by Juniper Networks Support. If you want access to the log file collection, don't encrypt the file.
- Click Collect Log Files.
Under System Support Activities Messages, a message indicates the status of the collection process.
- To download the log file collection, wait for the Log file collection completed successfully notification, and click Click here to download files.