Editing Building Blocks
You can edit any of the default building blocks to use it in multiple rules or to build complex rules or logic. You can save a group of tests as building blocks for use with rules.
For example, you can edit the BB:HostDefinition: Mail Servers building block to identify all mail servers in your deployment. Then, you can configure any rule to exclude your mail servers from the rule tests.
- Click the Offenses or Network Activity tab.
- Click Rules.
- From the Display list, select Building Blocks.
- Double-click the building block that you want to edit.
- Update the building block, as necessary.
- Click Next.
- Continue through the wizard.
- Click Finish.