The Cisco CallManager DSM for JSA collects application events that are forwarded from Cisco CallManager devices that are using Syslog.
Before events can be received in JSA, you must configure your Cisco Call Manager device to forward events. After you forward Syslog events from Cisco CallManager, JSA automatically detects and adds Cisco CallManager as a log source.
Configuring Syslog Forwarding
You can configure syslog on your Cisco CallManager:
- Log in to your Cisco CallManager interface.
- Select System Enterprise >Parameters.
The Enterprise Parameters Configuration is displayed.
- In the Remote Syslog Server Name field, type the IP address of the JSA console.
- From the Syslog Severity For Remote Syslog messages list, select Informational.
The Informational severity selection allows the collection of all events at the information level and later.
- Click Save.
- Click Apply Config.
The syslog configuration is complete. You are now ready to configure a syslog log source for Cisco CallManager.
Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events from Cisco CallManager devices.
The following configuration steps are optional. To manually configure a syslog log source for Cisco CallManager take the following steps:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
The Data Sources pane is displayed.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
The Log Sources window is displayed.
- Click Add.
The Add a log source window is displayed.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Cisco Call Manager.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
The syslog protocol configuration is displayed.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Cisco CallManager.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete.