Installing a JSA Console or Managed Host
Install JSA Console or a managed host on the JSA appliance.
Software versions for all JSA appliances in a deployment must be same version and patch level. Deployments that use different versions of software is not supported.
Ensure that the following requirements are met:
The required hardware is installed.
You have the required license key for your appliance.
A keyboard and monitor are connected by using the VGA connection.
There are no expired licenses on either the console or the managed hosts.
- Use SSH to log in as the root user.
- Accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the appliance assignment, and then select Next.
- If you selected an appliance for high-availability (HA), select whether the appliance is a console.
- For the type of setup, select Normal Setup (default) or HA Recovery Setup, and set up the time.
- If you selected HA Recovery Setup, enter the cluster virtual IP address.
- Select the Internet Protocol version:
Select ipv4 or ipv6.
- If you selected ipv6, select manual or auto for the Configuration type.
- Select the bonded interface setup, if required.
- Select the management interface.
- In the wizard, enter a fully qualified domain name in the Hostname field.
- In the IP address field, enter a static IP
address, or use the assigned IP address.
If you are configuring this host as a primary host for a high availability (HA) cluster, and you selected Yes for auto-configure, you must record the automatically-generated IP address. The generated IP address is entered during HA configuration.
For more information, see the Juniper Secure Analytics High Availability Guide.
- If you do not have an email server, enter localhost in the Email server name field.
- Enter root and admin passwords that meet the following criteria:
Contains at least 5 characters
Contains no spaces
Can include the following special characters: @, #, ^, and *.
- Click Finish.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to
complete the installation.
A series of messages appears as JSA continues with the installation. Based on the appliance ID selected, the installation process may take from several minutes to few hours to complete. TA All-In-One or Console installation may take up to 2.5 hours. When the JSA installation process is complete, the message window appears.
- Apply your license key.
Log in to JSA:
The default user name is admin. The password is the password of the admin user account.
Click Login To JSA.
Click the Admin tab.
In the navigation pane, click System Configuration.
Click the System and License Management icon.
From the Display list box, select Licenses, and upload your license key.
Select the unallocated license and click Allocate System to License.
From the list of systems, select a system, and click Allocate System to License.
- If you want to add managed hosts, see the Juniper Secure Analytics Administration Guide.